Goose Pot Stickers are a family favorite when we are lucky enough to have some goose meat in the freezer…and lucky for us this year, Andy was able to bring a few back from his Colorado goose hunt. You can make this recipe with goose or substitute duck breasts.
Pot Sticker Ingredients
- 2 Goose Breasts chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 8oz can Water Chestnuts
- 8oz can Bamboo Shoots
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 package round pot sticker/dumpling wrappers
- 1 cup water
- Add top 10 ingredients to food processor and pulse until a fine stuffing is formed.
- Remove 1 pot sticker wrapper from the package and cover the others with a damp cloth. Place a small rounded teaspoon of the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Moisten the edge of the wrap and fold wrap in half over filling to form a semi-circle. Starting at one end, pinch the edges closed with your thumb and finger (similar to pinching the edges of a pie crust). Set on a sheet pan and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat this process until all of the filling is gone.