Rolla, MO — Oct. 18, 2012 — (Women’s Outdoor News) — We are celebrating the launch on Thurs., Oct. 18, of another means of sharing news, reviews and stories about women hunting, shooting, fishing, kayaking, hiking and cooking in the outdoors on YouTube. Our debut video on YouTube features pro shooter Julie Golob’s first shot ever with a .50 cal. Barbara Baird, publisher of Women’s Outdoor news, captured the moment when Team Smith & Wesson’s Captain Golob pulled the trigger and felt the recoil of a Serbu .50 cal while participating in the first annual Girls Gun Getaway in rural Missouri last June. Look for future videos from Baird and from Associate Editor Britney Starr, as well as gear reviews from The WON’s writers.
To sweeten the launch of our video connection, Athena Means of Gun Goddess created a .50-cal.-theme giveaway package.
1. 50 cal rosette necklace with a crystal color of your choice
2. .50-cal bottle opener
3. Gun Goddess decal
4. $25 gift certificate
5. And saving the best for last … a signed book of Shoot: Your guide to shooting and competition, by that aforementioned .50 cal shooter Julie Golob!
Even if you don’ t win this package, please feel free to visit Gun Goddess, especially with your favorite plinkers, competitive shooters and hunters in mind. Why?
Athena lists four good reasons:
- Gift ideas for men or women, starting at under $10
- Several items that can be personalized, with text or graphics
- “Wishlist” feature: create a wishlist of items you want and send it by email to anyone who needs a hint!
- Gift certificates: great for last-minute gifts, as they are delivered instantly to the recipient’s inbox. Choose from several design themes, plus add a personal message.
In the meantime, why don’t you give us a caption for this photo? One winner will be chosen Friday, Oct. 26, by Random.org.
Visit Gun Goddess.
Visit Julie Golob.