Marti Davis Afield: Marti’s ‘Top 10’ picks from HERCAMOSHOP’s hunting lineup
I was shopping on the Internet and kept coming back to the HERCAMOSHOP.com’s site. So, I figured I’d share with you my top 10 picks from their products. After all, you cannot start too early to plan for the next season!
- Browning Wasatch Shirt – I have this shirt in Mossy Oak Infinity; it’s comfortable, looks good, is durable and fits great. I need to order another one or two to add to my hunting closet. MSRP: $39.99
- Browning Wasatch Pants – I also have these pants in Mossy Oak Infinity. And like the shirt, the comfort, good looks and fit mean they are a staple in my camo clothing. Note to self: Order another pair along with the shirt. MSRP: $39.99
- Browning Angora Boot Sock – Okay, I will admit it … I am a sock snob. I’m picky about my socks. They need to stay up and not crawl down into my boots. I don’t want cotton and comfort is essential. Looks like these socks are worth trying out. But then, again, Hercamoshop has a nice lineup of socks for every activity. And I really like these with the Buckmark on them, in the 8808 line. MSRP: $9.99
- Browning XPO Big Game Bibs – I’ve always been a bib girl, rather than pants or coveralls when the temperatures drop. They are more comfortable and keep me warmer, by keeping my core covered. When it comes to my cold weather hunting clothes, I also require them to be waterproof. A little rain, snow or sleet isn’t going to keep me out of the woods. I actually used these bibs this past fall and winter and they passed the test. MSRP: $139.99
- Browning XPO Big Game Jacket – Since I like the bibs so well, it’s time to get the matching jacket. They will make a great pair for those cold days in a tree stand this coming fall season. MSRP: $139.99
- Hunter Safety System Lady Pro Vest – A Hunter Safety System fall protection vest is a must have for all tree stand hunters. I have worn a HSS vest for several years now and I will be wearing the Lady Pro Vest this fall. This vest is tailored specifically for our bodies and considerably lighter than the original vest. Tree stand accidents occur with one in three hunters; and they happen in a split second. I know first hand. Be safe out there! MSRP: $149.99
Photo by Barbara Baird
- HERCAMOSHOP I Am Woman Hoodie – For those cool fall nights around hunt camp or running errands around town, who doesn’t like a warm comfy hoodie? The only problem I’m having with these hoodies is I can’t decide whether to get the hoodie with the bow or gun … I’ll probably just have to get one of each. MSRP: $23.99
8. Outdoor Edge Folding Knife – I started trapping this past winter and Jimmy, my husband, bought me this little folding knife for skinning. It comes with a rubberized Kraton handle, which makes it non-slip. It has an Aus-8 stainless blade and has double-sided thumb stud for easy opening. They say good things come in small packages and this little knife is one of those. It will definitely be with me this coming trapping season. MSRP: $17.99
9. BurzOff Burr Removal Aid – Who hasn’t walked through a field or brush and gotten into all sorts of burrs and stick tights. I hate them! I have to get one of these BurzOff Burr Removal Aids to help remove all those pesky unwanted hitchhikers. MSRP: $9.99
10. Hunt-Dri Scent Free Waterproofing Spray – I have to get some of this scent free waterproofing spray to use on my pop-up hunting blinds. No more spraying my blinds with the strong smelling waterproofing sprays and leaving them set up in the driveway, in hopes that the odor will disappear. MSRP: $10.99
Marti wears the Browning Wasatch shirt and pants on her last season deer hunt in southern Illinois. Photo courtesy of Gretchen Steele
Finding good fitting clothing and gear that are made specifically for women hunters is sometimes difficult. I’m thankful for HERCAMOSHOP and the great products they offer in one setting. And, I’m appreciative of them for sponsoring my column here at The WON, so I can share my outdoor experiences with all of you.
Now, I just have to patiently wait for the big brown truck to deliver my new hunting gear. And be even more patient for the fall hunting seasons to get here.
Marti Davis Afield is sponsored by HERCAMOSHOP.com
About Marti Davis
Marti Davis is a staff member for Browning Trail Cameras, WoolX and Mossy Oak. She is an authority on most types of hunting in North America, and very active in mentoring the next generation of young hunters.
View all posts by Marti Davis