The best way to celebrate National Fishing and Boating Week is to get out on the water and spend quality time with your family and friends. These are some of the ways you can celebrate during this week:
1. Check out the upcoming free fishing days in your state. During National Fishing and Boating Week, most states offer free fishing days. These are days where anglers are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license. Free fishing days are a perfect opportunity for beginners to try out fishing for the first time. If you already know how to fish, consider taking a friend or family member who has never been fishing, during this week.
2. Find Places to Fish and Boat near you. Check our Places to Fish and Boat Map for boating and fishing spots near you that fits your family’s needs. Find great fishing and boating spots in your area and throughout the U.S. You can also find information about the closest marinas, boat ramps, bait shops, and gas stations.
3. Visit one of the Top 100 Family-Friendly Places to Fish and Boat in the U.S. These are the best places to fish and boat selected by outdoor enthusiasts last year. Take a look at the Top 100 list to find a spot close to you. The majority of the places offer a public body of water that’s close to a major city, good fishing opportunities, and family-friendly amenities.
4. Share this National Celebration on Social Media: Join others in sharing the joys of boating and fishing by spreading the word through your social media channels. Share all your special moments from National Fishing and Boating Week with us. Follow @Take_Me_Fishing and share your photoswith us using the hastag #FirstCatch.
5. Attend an Event: Many states hold events such as how-to clinics, fishing derbies, boat parades and family festivals during National Fishing and Boating Week. New this year – more than 1,000 Walmart stores are hosting #ReelFun Fishing Events! Check out our State Info section to find an event near you.
National Fishing and Boating Week will take place June 4-12, 2016. Do not miss this opportunity to fish and boat and spend time with your family and friends.
The Women's Outdoor News, aka The WON, features news, reviews and stories about women who are shooting, hunting, fishing and actively engaging in outdoor adventure. With a band of columnists and reviewers, photographers and female reporters, The WON engages its readers through a blog format and we invite you to talk to us. Thank you for reading! View all posts by Women's Outdoor News