National Fishing and Boating Week
National Fishing and Boating Week is a national celebration, an event that highlights the importance of recreational boating and fishing which takes place June 2-10. During the week, most states offer free fishing days. These are days where anglers are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license, so it’s time to get your feet wet.
#REELFUN Fishing Events
The #ReelFun Fishing events will help you prepare for summer fun on the water.
In partnership with Walmart, we are hosting 2,000 events at Walmart stores across the country where people of all ages and skill levels can learn tips on fishing tackle and techniques firsthand from expert anglers. Everyone who attends will have the opportunity to test their casting skills, enter to win prizes, purchase a fishing license and play fishing-related games.
National Fishing and Boating Week activities & Events
The best way to celebrate National Fishing and Boating Week is to get out on the water! These are some of our ideas in how you can celebrate during this week:
- Find Places to Boat and Fish near you: Check our Places to Boat and Fish Map for boating and fishing spots that are near you and fits your family’s needs.
- Learn to Fish: Watch instructional videos and read tips from pros on how to cast, tie knots and make fishing rigs in our How to Fish section.
- Share your #FirstCatch photos: First of the day, first of the season or first of a lifetime. Follow @Take_Me_Fishing and share your #FirstCatch photos with us.
- Attend an Event: Many states hold events such as how-to clinics, fishing derbies, boat parades and family festivals during National Fishing and Boating Week. Check out our State Info section to find an event near you.
- Mentor or Teach Someone New to Fish: During National Fishing and Boating Week, or the next time you go fishing, take someone new with you: a child, a relative, a friend.
- Share this National Celebration on Social Media: Join others in sharing the joys of boating and fishing by spreading the word through your social media channels.
About The WON
The Women's Outdoor News, aka The WON, features news, reviews and stories about women who are shooting, hunting, fishing and actively engaging in outdoor adventure. This publication is for women, by women.
View all posts by The WON