The following blog is an excerpt from, 20 Things to Do in 2020 in National Parks by the National Park Foundation here.
A new decade is a fresh start to form new habits, take on new challenges, and have new experiences. We’ve compiled a checklist to set the tone for 2020 – one filled with history, culture, nature, and adventure.
When you complete an item on this list, we want to hear about it! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin. Tag us and use #FindYourPark / #EncuentraTuParque in your post on social media.
1. Take the Find Your Park Quiz with a friend and make plans to visit your favorite result.
2. Roll up your sleeves and volunteer in a national park.
3. Tune in to the relaxing sounds of the parks with ParkTracks – online or at one of our tour stops in 2020.
4. Start a Facebook Fundraiser benefiting the National Park Foundation in honor of your birthday.
5. Take a safe selfie with a National Park Service employee and share it on social media (with their permission to post, of course).
6. Subscribe to GoParks to receive the latest NPF news, information on how you can support our national treasures, and travel ideas for your next trip to the parks.
7. See a different kind of park below earth’s crust. Spelunking and caving add just one more way to explore some of the unique places preserved within the National Park System.
8. Embark on your own #FindYourPark / #EncuentraTuParque journey by attending an event or activity at your local national park and immerse yourself in the many National Park Service sites that honor and preserve African American heritage.
9. A national park-inspired playlist for your next adventure and share it on Spotify. Here’s some inspiration to get you started.
The Women's Outdoor News, aka The WON, features news, reviews and stories about women who are shooting, hunting, fishing and actively engaging in outdoor adventure. This publication is for women, by women. View all posts by The WON
This site is protected by wp-copyrightpro.com