This week’s craft project is perfect for a gal’s night of crafting. However, if you just can’t seem to get everyone together, a Fancy Painted Face Pot makes a perfect gift for those same friends you would have invited anyway. And, it’s super easy to create a few at the same time.
1. Paint your clay pot (including about one-inch of the inside) with flesh-color acrylic paint. It took two coats for good coverage.
2. While you are using the flesh color paint, also cover the wood screw hole plug.
3. Paint the top and sides of the saucer with the lipstick-color acrylic paint. Again, I needed at least two coats.
3. Once the face area is dry, attach the wood screw hole plug for the nose using hot glue. I place mine about half-way down.
4. With a pencil, lightly sketch your favorite lip shape.
5. Depending on the size of your foam brush, you may need a smaller paintbrush to add “lipstick” to her lips.
6. Mix the lipstick paint with your flesh color to create a light pink. Dip a paper towel into the paint and lightly dab the cheek areas to add a little blush.
7. Fold your bandana into about a one-inch strip.
8. Tack the bandana to the rim of the clay pot using hot glue, and tie a knot on the side of the “head.”
9. Add a couple dabs of hot glue near the nose piece of the sunglasses. Quickly and carefully set them in place, just above the nose piece.
10. Using hot glue, tack the ear piece of the sunglasses in place near the sides of the “head.”
11. I added an outline to the lips and beauty mark on her cheek with a permanent marker.
I enjoyed making three different clay pot faces. You can also add some fun extras like a flower or maybe a fancy button.
I gifted my clay pot faces to my friends for Mother’s Day. As you can see, Vicki nailed the look!