I really like my Muck boots. I don’t like to say I love an inanimate object, but my feelings about these boots are pretty close to being in love with an inanimate object. Let’s just say, if I went hunting or fishing and I forgot to take my Muck boots with me, well, I’d drive to the nearest Muck boot place and buy another pair – even if they cost $200. Fortunately, where I hunt and fish, there are lots of feed-and-seed stores that carry Muck boots. I even took them along to Iowa last week for a Babes with Bullets’ (Smith & Wesson sponsored) Ladies Action Shooting Camp, because it was supposed to rain. I shoot better when I wear those boots, I’m convinced. I should wear them all the time at the range. Even with shorts in the summer.
Today is a perfect Muck boot day because it’s raining cats and dogs and in fact, I’ve already sloshed down to the mailbox in the boots. When I’m not hunting or fishing in them, I can be found traipsing out to the compost heap or putting up the dogs at night in their kennel in my Muck boots.
I only have the one pair of all-purpose, roll-down blaze orange, black model that fit men or women, but I believe I’ll break down and order me a pair of Muck Womens Woody Max boots from Hanks Clothing. Hanks features a line of Muck boots for women and free shipping! Price: $134.99.
Why the Muck?
From Hank’s website, which explains the theory behind the boot so well:
This Woody Max For Women is the only Muck Boot that was made just for a woman’s foot. Our Women’s Woody Max Cold Conditions Hunting Boot has a woman’s true-fit for ultimate fit and comfort.
• Breathable Airmesh and Fleece Lining will keep your feet warm and sweat free all day long.
• The stretch fit topline binding snugs calf to keep warmth in and cold out
• New Mossy Oak Break – Up Camo
• 5mm CR flex-foam bootie with four-way stretch nylon,100% waterproof, lightweight, and flexible
• Rugged, durable, two color MS2 molded rubber sole with EVA midsole is contoured to fit a women’s foot
• Additional Achilles overlay for added protection
• Kick Rim for easy removal
• 2mm thermal foam underlay added to the instep area for additional warmth
• EVA molded midsole with contoured footbed (internal)
• Reinforced toe
• Added toe protector with a wrap-up bumper
With a comfort range from 60° to -40°F, whether you are sitting in the tree stand or tracking in the woods, you will love these and probably get a bigger buck than your hubby!
Hmmm, an almost-guarantee that if I wear these I’ll get a bigger buck than my husband? SOLD!